This seems to be the way I review a book, very much in note format, to address the main stand out points that attain to me or what I can teach at a later date….I hope you find it usable to take the best bits of what the book is saying and to read it yourself and be suitably inspired as I was – it was an ever endearing read!
Page 51- Traditional Reasons
-Poisons are added to our food while being grown, processing, to our drinking water,
–Most of the nutrients in milk are destroyed during processing.
-Flour not only has the nutrients removed, but then it is bleached and has artificial nutrients added.
-Meat and eggs are tampered with.
Page 60- Drugs and the Medical Profession
-A drug says websters dictionary is a “substance other than food intended to affect the structure or function of the body”
-Health comes only when the body is provided with the proper materials to cleanse the poisons from the systems and rebuild new, living, strong, vital, vibrant cells.
-God made a body that is self-healing and will heal itself when given the opportunity!
Page 75- Other Drugs.
-Caffeine causes a multitude of problems, stimulant, effects are mental depression, nerve exhaustion, decreased muscular power, and damage to the liver and kidneys. Irritates the lining of the stomach, leading to ulcers, gastritis, even miscarriages etc.
-Sugar, sucrose very addictive and causes social problems, especially in children!
– Salt, we only need trace levels of salt, otherwise are body will try to get rid of it.
Page 83- Insufficient Exercise.
– Made to be active, physical hard work!
– Getting food was supposed to be work. Raise own food supply!
– Convenience food is killing us in two ways.
– Without daily, vigorous exercise, tissue cells lose their elasticity. Also lymph cannot move adequately to cleanse and feed body calls. Muscles atrophy (decrease in size or waste away!!!!!)
Page 93- Stress and Negative Emotions.
– Improving one’s physical health through diet and vigorous exercise will lead to more positive emotion.
– We become what we program in to our brain.
– Christians ought really to be the healthiest and happiest people on the face of the earth.
Page 101- The Violations of Gods Natural Law.
– Sickness is not natural but are the body’s efforts to cleanse and heal itself after natural laws have been violated.
– Each person is accountable for his or her own physical breakdowns.
Chapter 10- God’s Natural Laws for Health.
– Gods Moral Law
– ignorance of Hods Natural Laws
– Pure Air
– Pure Water
– Pure Living Food
– Vigouros Exercise
– Abundant Sunshine
– Adequate rest
– Positive Thinking
Chapter 11 – It’s time to do something about it
– to avoid cancer…..
– Eat more high fibre foods such as fruit and veg and whole cereals.
– Dark green and deep yellow fruits and veg rich in vit a and c.
– Broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, kohlrabi and cauliflower.
– Moderate in salt cured, smoked, nitrate cured foods.
– Cut down total fat from animal sources and fats and oils.
Avoiding heart problems
– less meat more poultry and fish.
– nonfat milk instead of whole milk.
– less butterfat, egg, other high cholestral.
– Less sugar and salt.